Sunday, April 18, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
"Fuck You Ronald
and your mother"
- found graffitied in the hallway outside our apartment.
I don't know who Ronald is (I'm a bad neighbor) or what he did to someone that made them so mad they had to curse him and his mother, but it must have been pretty bad. For some reason I can't help but find that particular piece of wall scribbling hilarious, so expect it to get referenced a lot.
This post is dedicated to Master Never, who is constantly tagging up the walls in our building. I don't care what my brother-in-law says, I think it's a cool name.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
The goofy comic book villain who constantly gets his ass handed to him by Spiderman. Well the other night while watching the Chelsea Lately show it was brought to my attention that when others hear the shocker they think of something else. They think of the hand gesture. Now I had no idea what the shocker hand gesture was so I did some digging and this was the result.
Bam! The Shocker aka 2 in the curtain, 1 for the hurtin, 2 in the front, 1 in the shunt, 2 in the fun, 1 in the bun, 2 in the juice, 1 in the deuce
2 in the pookie, 1 in the dookie. Okay I could go on like with these for days but Im a grown up so I won't and In case you still don't get it the shocker is when you stick your index and ring finger in a girls vajayjay and your pinky in her but. Okay so after finding out what the shocker was I thought with 5 fingers there have to be more of these hand gesture and man was I right. Here is a chart for you from me.
Now personally Im not sure if I endorse The Shocker Hand Gesture but I found somebody who does and you might just recognize him.
Well now you all know what The Shocker is and your welcome. But remember folks use this new found knowledge with caution because it is called The Shocker for a reason.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
1. The CGI - the CGI in this movie was bananas. Everything from the giant scorpions, to medusa, to the kraken, and Liam Nelson's Santa Clause beard looked fantastic. Okay so the last one wasn't CGI but it was hilarious to look at.
2. Action Scenes- the action sequences in this movie were another strongpoint for this film. While watching them I found myself totally engrossed in what was happening on screen and I was fully entertained while they were going on. These scenes are the best part of the movie.
3. The Ladies- the two main female characters in this movie were Princess Andromeda played by Alexa Davalos and Io played by Gemma Arterton. These two ladies are very attractive and the fact that Io accompanied Sam Worthington and the other men on their quest kept it from being a total sausage fest onscreen. Also if you have a fetish for a trio of witch sisters who are blind and share one eyeball to see then this is the movie has a little something for you.
1. Rushed and Undeveloped - Man the beginning of this movie must have been late for an appointment because it was gone before you could get comfortable in your seats. The first 20 minutes feel really rushed and it was obvious that the movie wanted to get to the main story as quick as possible. Unfortunately this rushed feeling is not confined to the beginning but spread throughout the movie basically whenever there isn't an action scene happening. As a result of this rushing characters and sub plots go undeveloped and things that should be compelling aren't. The only thing I wound up being interested in during the movie was watching Sam Worthington kill things.
2. Training Montage- okay so what's worse than a training montage? How about not having a training montage. In the movie Sam Worthington grew up a fisherman and at one point says that he has never picked up a sword before. So maybe the makers of Clash of the Titans thought having a training montage to show him learning to use one would be cheesy so instead they came up with a different answer to this situation. Their answer was that he just happens to be a sword expert. The first time he picks up a sword he defeats an expert soldier in a fight and to be honest it was stupid. Not only was this idea dumb it robbed me of a montage and we know everybody loves a montage.
3. Sam Worthington- In Clash of The Titans Sam Worthington plays the Main Character Perseus. But to be honest it didn't matter what his characters name was because he did a horrible job getting into the role. Every time someone called him Perseus I thought to myself why do they keep calling him that his name is Sam Worthington. He did not do a good job convincing you that he was Perseus and as A result I could just not connect with the character. All I can say is either Sam Worthington was not really trying this time around or he was truly convinced that the best way to play Perseus was just to act like Sam Worthington which in that case he did a great job.
Overall I thought Clash of the Titans was an okay movie and I give it 3 T 800 arms out of 5
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Kudos to whoever was a part of this masterpiece.
Olmec hit 'em with a challenge:
Have a serious conversation with someone on the phone while reading the comment thread. See how long you can go before you start laughing.*
* Warning: May result in that person never speaking to you again
Friday, April 9, 2010
This blog is something my brother Jonathan's wanted to do for awhile, and I finally broke down and agreed to do it with him. We've spent countless hours together talking bullshit about most thing under the sun, and we figured it was time to put it online as a testimony to the genius that we come up with. Expect us to talk a lot about movies, TV, comic books, and whatever else gets our attention. Also be prepared, it might get a little NSFW in this piece.
In the top left corner, you'll be able to read Jonathan's tweets from his account @_MartyMcFly_. Go ahead and follow him. I don't have a twitter but maybe I'll get one soon. It really does seem to specifically made for people who just have random thoughts and/or misadventures, i.e., people like me .
Oh, and the name of the blog. Well, if you watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia then you know whats up. If not, then enjoy:
Hope you have as much fun reading this blog, as we will writing it.